GoldMine crashes, hangs or displays an Internet Explorer error message (when performing an action if the GM+View is active or will be activated)
As the steps to reproduce vary and the only common information available is that the GM+View is somehow involved.
- Opening a new GoldMine Tabbed View. (For Example, the Contact Search Center or opportunity manager)
- Switching from Contact View to Contact List view
- Opening the GM+View Browser
- the experienced behavior also varies from a crash to a hang of GoldMine or an Internet Explorer (IE) error message for example: File NOT found: index.html
This behavior is known to occur when
- No default GM+View template is set as the default GM+View
(See also Knowledge Article # 11987 - Whenever a user opens the GM + View tab, GoldMine crashes)
- When there is a GM+View template set as the default, but the template is corrupt, contains wrong HTML code or cannot access the desired information (For Example: from a database) in a timely manner,
Similar as described in Knowledge Article # 11987 - Whenever a user opens the GM + View tab, GoldMine crashes, a different default GM+View should be created or selected.
1. Log in with master rights
2. Web > Setup GM+View...
In case you have already other GM+View templates available.
3. In the right section Set Default GM+View ,select a different template as the default GM+View from the drop down list.
4. Click OK
5. Verify the behavior again
In case there are no available GM+View templates in the Template List
3. Click the New Button
4. Type a name in the Template Name field.
5. Click in the body of the template and type "This is a demo GM + View"
6. Save the new GM+View template via the Save button (yellow disc icon)
7. In the right section Set Default GM+View select the new created GM+View template
8. Click OK
9. Verify the behavior again