By default, My Items in Self Service displays Incident, Service request, and Approvals. You may wish for Self Service users to also be able to see their Changes, and the object can be added to My Items using the configuration below. You can add other objects, such as Problem for example, using the same framework and modifying the specific references.
Part 1: Add new Business Rule ‘Add Change to My Item’
1. Log in to Admin Role
2. Select Configure Application
3. Select Business Objects
4. Select Change
5. Select Business Rules
6. Click Add New Business Rule
7. Expand "Triggered Actions", click "Add Trigger"
8. Name Rule ‘Add Change to My Item’
9. Check ‘On Insert’
10. Click Next
11. Check Configure New Action
12. Select Action Type: ‘Insert Child Object’
13. Click Next
14. Select Child Object Type: ChangeAssociatedFRS_MyItem
15. Add fields as below:
Part 2: Please check if you are still able to create Change ticket.
17. If not, and error message appears:
18. Open: Configure Application -> Settings -> Built -> Validation Business Objects
19. Find FRS_MyItemParentObjType and click on "values".
20. Add new value, name it Change.
21. Please double check if it is possible to create Change tickets.
22. Also, open Change Business Object, select Fields, find RequestorLink and open it.
23. Deselect "Hidden in UI". Save changes.
Part 3: Configure your Role to View Change in My Items
24. Open: Configure Application -> Settings -> Configure -> Users and Permissions -> Roles and Permissions
25. Select the role, you are using to see Change tickets under My Items,
26. Open: Top Level Tabs
27. Open: My Items, under "My Items' Configuration, click on green plus icon
28. Select "Change" and its layout and save it.
Part 4: Create ‘Update My Item for Change Quick Action’
29. Open FRS_MyItem Business Object and select Quick Actions
30. Select Create New Actions
31. Select Update Object
32. Enter name: Update My Item for Change
33. Enter fields as below:
Part 5: Add new Business Rule ‘Update Change to My Item’
35. Select Business Objects
36. Select Change
37. Select Business Rules
38. Expand "Triggered Actions", Add Trigger
39. Name Rule ‘Update Change to My Item’
40. Check ‘On Update’
41. Click Next
42. Check Configure New Action
43. Select Action Type: ‘Run for Child’
44. Select Child Object and Relationship: ChangeAssociatedFRS_MyItem
45. Action to Run: Update My Item for Change