Would like to add a new Category to the Incident.Category pick list. How do I add a new value to the list in the drop down?
Out-of-the-box the Incident.Category is driven by the pick list 'Category of Category used in Incident'. This pick list is constrained based off of CI.Service. The proper way to add a new category to that pick list is:
1. Log in under an Admin role
2. Click on More... to see additional workspaces and type in: CI Service
3. Select the Service that you would like the new category added to. Example: Service Desk
4. Click on the 'Service Desk Category' tab
From here you can link an existing category to this Service or add a New category.
5. Click on New to add an new category
6. Save the CI Service object
Now on the Incident form, when you select the Service: Service Desk, you will see the new category you just added within the Category drop down options.