How do I select only appointments to be displayed within GoldMine Web's calendar?
This article is valid for any GoldMine Connect version 2015.2.1 and lower. please refer also to Knowledge Article # 20420 : GoldMine Web (GMWEB) - Difference between Events and Appointments within GoldMine Web?
- originally documented within the GoldMine Premium Edition 2014.2 Release Notes:
'... Supported activity types:
- Actions scheduled in Web appear as Other Actions in GoldMine Premium
- Actions scheduled in GoldMine Premium as Next Actions retain this activity type if updated in GoldMine Web
- Events scheduled in GoldMine Web with All Day checked appear as Events in GoldMine Premium
- Events scheduled in GoldMine Web with a Start and End time appear as Appointments in GoldMine Premium
- Events and appointments scheduled in GoldMine Premium retain the appropriate activity type if updated in GoldMine Web
o Forecasted Sales...'
- in GoldMine Web the wording for Appointment and Events were merged into the term Event, similar as a Google Calendar uses only the term Event for all day events and appointments. As long as an event is scheduled with start and end time it is considered as an Appointment and saved into the GoldMine database with the Rectype A (for appointment), as soon as you check the All day it will change to an Event and be saved into the GoldMine database with a Rectype E (for Event).
- in GoldMine Web you can easily select Appointments in the Calendar via
1. Log into GoldMine Web
2. Open the Activities
3. From the All Activities (or currently active Activity type) drop down >> Select Events
>> In the Activity List the Events appear sorted by first day, then type Events first as they are all day events and then (timed) Appointments
>> In the graphical Calendar the Events (all day) appear always at the top within the all-day area of the certain day and (timed) Appointments at the certain time
frame of the day within the Calendar
The same logic for differing between Appointments and Events applies when scheduling or completing activities
1. Schedule from GoldMine Web Icon >> Schedule, from the contact/search list >> Action column >> Schedule Icon, from a contact >> Schedule Icon, Clicking into the graphical Calendar and since GoldMine GMPE / Connect 2014.2 Hot Fix 1 also for create History (completing an unscheduled activity)
2. Select from the activity type drop down >> Schedule/Complete Event
3. when there is a Start and End Time set >> Appointment, when All Day check box is selected >> Event
- This feature changed since GoldMine Connect 2015.2. Hot fix 1 and is now the opposite in GoldMine Web (GMWEB). The label is now Appointment and not Event anymore.
- This is stated in the release notes for GoldMine 2015.2. Hot fix 1 as
What's Changed in GoldMine 2015.2 Hotfix 1
- Activity type “Event” is now labeled “Appointment”
- If an Appointment is scheduled or completed with a start and end date and time in GoldMine Web, it is treated as an Appointment in GoldMine Premium
- If an Appointment is scheduled or completed for All day in GoldMine Web, it is treated as an Event in GoldMine Premium