How to create a one button installer for an undocked machine and how to setup an undocked machine?
- Undock the GoldMine license for the user (Tools > Configure > License Manager > Undock users)
- Create a profile for the undocked user in the GoldSync Administration Center when prompted in the license manager.
- Ensure the proper version of gmsetup.exe is located in your Server \GoldMine\Setup\GoldMine folder.
- In the GoldSync Administration Center , right-click on the users site and select Create a One Button Installer for the undocked user (Set the cutoff dates for your undocked profile to "Ignore cutoff" in the GoldSync Administration Center).
This will create a file called username.exe in the following default location: C:\Programdata\GoldMine\Setup\Remotes.
- Install SQL Express on the undocked machine.
- Move the One Button Installer file to the undocked laptop.
- Run the One Button Installer on the undocked machine.
- Synchronize the undocked machine with the server.
- It is strongly recommended to review the related Online help chapters via Help menu > GoldMine Help
- Directly related to this article: Administration Guide > Synchronization > About One-Button Synchronization > Creating Installation Files for One-Button Synchronization.
- Overview about One-Button Synchronization: Administration Guide > Synchronization > About One-Button Synchronization
- Overview about GoldMine Synchronization: Administration Guide > Synchronization
- More related information is available in Kbase Article #1581 "Where is the One Button Installer placed? The GoldMine Premium Edition Administrator Guide only states GoldMine\Setup\Remotes."