When saving a Request Offering, the user gets the following error:
Unhandled system exception: TargetVariant.ServiceReq.ServiceReqTemplate: '-----------------------------------------' is not in the validation list.
This error is related to the Service configured in the Request Offering, and it can be produced in two scenarios:
- The CI Service has been retired (Status field value is Retired)
- The CI Service has been deleted
The first scenario has a quick workaround. The Status can be changed to Production and then the Request Offering can be modified and saved.
However, in the second scenario, it would be necessary to create the CI Service with former RecID, that it is possible to find in the first step of the Request Offering (it is only visible it this error is being reproduced):
Please follow these procedure for creating the CI Service with the proper RecID:
4. In the application area, open the CI.Service workspace, and create a new service as in the screenshot, using the value that is shown in the fisrt step of the Request Offering as RecID, removing the one that is generated by default
6. Once saved, change the service for a valid one and save the Request Offering.
7. Finally, you can remove the “_For remove” service we added previously, and undo the steps 3, 2 and 1 (in that order)