Incoming emails with attachments - how to have those attachments display on the attachments tab for Incident?
The way 'Attachments' are handled by the system, all 'Attachments' are stored in the 'Attachments' object - so what you will be doing is storing the 'Link' to the Email Attachments with the 'Attachments' tab. They will still be attached only to the Email - but they will show up in the Incident Attachments tab. Instructions below:
1. Log into your tenant, Admin role
2, Select Configure Application
3, Select Business Objects
4. Select Incident
5. Select Layouts
6. Select the Layout you wish to modify (eg. IncidentLayout.Servicedesk) and then click Formview.
7. Click on the 'Attachment' object in the child panels
8. On the next screen, Click on the 'Email Attachments' link 9. On the next screen, Check the 'Show rollup records by default' box. Save your work.
10. Repeat for the other links if desired for the other objects. If this does not exist within other objects you will need to add role up sequence like it is setup in incident.
11. Save your work. Repeat for other Layouts if this is desired.