Is there any way to change which contact set database is opened in the GoldMine Mobile, using only Goldmine Mobile?
- When opening GoldMine Mobile with a Contact Set different than the GoldMine base database a Warning message will appear:
Cases are not available in the currently
open database. To use Cases, log in to
GoldMine Premium Edition on the server
used for GoldMine Mobile Edition and
open the xyz.dbo) database.
- Within GoldMine Mobile there is at the moment no ability for users to change contact sets within the GoldMine Mobile client (also applies to GoldMine Web).
- The current opened contact set within GoldMine Mobile is also the last opened Contact Set database (from the USER.INI > COMMONDIR entry) if the user never opened the GoldMine windows client or the USER.INI's COMMONDIR entry was removed then the COMMONDIR entry from the GM.INI is used instead.
- The only possibility to change this ‘for’ the GoldMine Mobile client would be to
1. Make sure to be logged out of GoldMine Mobile
2. Log into GoldMine Premium Edition as the specific user
3. Tools > Databases > Open Database
4. Highlight the desired Contact set database
5. Open via double click or button Open
6. Close GoldMine Premium Edition.
7. Log into GoldMine Mobile and verify again
- While it was a common and necessary practice in very old versions of GoldMine (lower than GoldMine 6.5) to have several contact sets for different contact types like customers and suppliers, today usually different contact sets are only used for archiving purposes, means contacts which are moved out of the active contact set as they are not valid anymore but the information should not be deleted. In order to use and setup different types of contact records within GoldMine, GoldMine contains a feature called Record Typing where per contact record type fields can contain different labels, the default views are different, so that different contact set databases are not necessary anymore.
- Many areas of GoldMine work with different Contact Sets properly but for example
a. when opening Case / Service Management a message appears "GoldMine has detected that the current Contact Set "xyz: is different from the main GoldMine database...."
b. Setup Outlook integration will also refer to the original set Contact Set and if this should be changed a new Read GoldMine Settings for the Outlook Integration would be necessary