Getting a pop-up error when performing certain actions in GoldMine
Database operation error:
- The database seems to have a trigger set which is usually not a GoldMine Trigger as GoldMine does not have triggers by default. - - It needs to be verified for example via the below SQL query, if and which triggers exist on the database.
- If triggers are found they need to be examined or verified that the conditions or desired results will be possible without an error message or the specific trigger needs to be disabled.
- How to identify triggers in a database
[tgr].[name] as [trigger name],
[tbl].[name] as [table name]
from sysobjects tgr
join sysobjects tbl
on tgr.parent_obj = tbl.id
WHERE tgr.xtype = 'TR'
- GoldMine Technical Support cannot assist in troubleshooting or analyzing custom triggers, but the following steps will help to disable a trigger
- How to disable a trigger
1. SQL Server Management Studio
2. Browse to and expand the GoldMine database
3. Browse to and expand the specific table
4. Expand the Triggers
5. Right Click on the specific trigger >> Disable
Once the trigger is disabled a message appears and the trigger shows an icon that the trigger is disabled