- Use is unable to modify the a business object field's properties. All the settings and checkboxes are grayed out.
- This is common when looking at fields on Employee or on the extensions to CI such as CI.Server.
- If the field's properties are all grayed out and unable to be modified, that is due to Production Metadata Lock being enabled, or more likely, in the case of a field on the Employee or CI Extended objects, it is due to the fact that is a derived field from another object.
- If the latter is the case You'll need to find the field on the base object and modify the field property there.
- In this case the Primary Email Field happens to be a field derived from Contact Contract.