Unable to log into goldmine, Login failed for user 'sa' because the account is currently locked out.
NOTE: The username maybe different is you use a different SQL user to connect GoldMine to SQL server
Either someone has entered the 'sa' password incorrectly more times than the password policy allows or someone has used a brute-force attack to try and log in to the SQL server and locked the 'sa' account
1. Request the IT staff unblock the SQL 'sa' Account
2. Reset the 'sa' account password in Microsoft SQL Management studio (if the cause was a forgotten password - See Article #19111 : You do not know the SQL login details and cannot open GoldMine)
3. Browse to the GoldMine install directory (default is C:\ProgramData\GoldMine\)
4. Open the DBALIAS.ini file in Notepad.exe
5. Remove the Text for the PASSWORD= line (see example below)
PASSWORD="NPY1\#K.1E]!N +T7 I1@6W$><**6 )AM:8 P^E!0#OL$A(!!6C2S#<7^BW$,7;`F$YW@_7 " - Remove this the highlighted text
6. Save the file
7. Launch GoldMine
- You should then get the following error after you enter your GoldMine username and password
8. Click <OK> to this error
- You should then be prompted to enter the SQL login details
9. Enter the details
10. Tick the save password box
11. Click <OK> to save the change and Launch GoldMine.
Once you tick the save password box you should not be prompted to enter the SQL login details upon consecutive logins to GoldMine.