HEAT Discovery - How to increase the number of stations LanProbe will list
It may be required that only one machine in a subnet is allowed to scan for LanProbe information in that subnet. By default LanProbe is restricted to how many devices it can list per install. To override this setting to allow 512 devices in the list please perform the following:
1. Browse to C:\Program Files (x86)\Frontrange Solutions\InventoryClient\AUDIT\ folder on the desired server
2. Open the client.xml file in notepad
3. Add an new entry under the <at n="Global/Win/i386/Probe/UseProbe" v="Load_Bind"/> entry
4. Add the entry: <at n="Global/Win/i386/Probe/MaxStations" v="512"/>
5. Save the client.xml file
6. Restart the Client Agent service "SaaSDiscoveryClientAgent" on the server and wait about an hour then a LanProbe message will automatically be returned.