I wrote up a change request, and I put many details in it. Then I saved it and then I linked to a problem ticket. Heat took the text description from the Problem ticket and overwrote the description in the Change ticket. Problem ticket was created first, then later the Change. After linking from the Change to the Problem the extensive Change Description was overwritten by the minimal Problem Description.
This is related to the relationship setup from Change to Problem. If you go into the Application Configuration, then go to Business Objects>> Change>> and click on the Relationships tab. Edit the "ProblemAssociatesChange" relationship and you should see there the below settings. You can set the Description option to "Only When Field Empty" and it then retains the Change Description if already entered when linked..