Default record type is not respected when creating new contact records
1. A master user has set a Record Type as a the default in the Records Type Administrator:
- Tools > Configure > Record Types
- Right click a desired Record Type > Edit
- Check "Set as Default Record Type"
- Make sure to apply any changes
2. Create a new contact records from either:
- File > New > New Record
- Clicking the "New Record" button from the detail view of a contact record
3. The Record Types drop down from the New Record dialogue does not respect the default record type selected in Step 1
One of the most likely causes which should be verified is, that a matching and correct Rule Definition for Record Type in Record Type Rules is setup:
1. A master user has set a Record Type as a the default in the Records Type Administrator
2. Right click Record Type Rules > Edit
3. Under Rule Definitions and if the option selected is "Field value-based" verify that "Record type for new company/contact" is set to:
- "Use a default record type when creating new records"
4. Please refer to the GoldMine Help File and/or Administrator Guide for more detailed information regarding Record Types