The Contact Search Center in GoldMine freezes and\or you get a database error query timeout expired.
1. Log affected user out of GoldMine.
2. The GoldMine Administrator log into GoldMine as the affected user at a different workstation session as the affected user.
3. Open the GoldMine Contact Search Center via Go To > Search > Contact Search Center.
4. Click "Columns" button > Column Selection tab.
5. Remove all columns from the right side titled "Selected Columns" > clicked OK.
6. Close the Contact Search Center tab in GoldMine and close GoldMine.
7. Log back into GoldMine as the affected user on the original workstation again
8. Open the GoldMine Contact Search Center via Go To > Search > Contact Search Center.
9. Click "Columns" button > Column Selection tab.
10. Verify that the column selection is the same as set by the GoldMine administrator in step 5.
11. Verify that the user can run searches in the Contact Search Center without GoldMine hanging and if applicable select column by column back and verify for further investigation which column may break the feature
If the above steps - especially steps 2 - 6 will not work due to any reasons, the GoldMine administrator can also delete the following line from the affected user's USER.INI
1. Browse to the GoldMine shared folder (where also the LicenseGMxx.Bin file resides
2. Browse to the affected user's USER.INI for example JOHN.INI
3. Open the user's USER.INI file with Notepad
4. Identify and delete the line
in the section [GM_SEARCH_CENTER]
5. Save the user's USER.INI file and let the affected user start with above steps 7 - 11