Error when trying to push to either Staging or UAT - Unable to validate API key due to bad access to database <databasename> in <servername> using login <serviceaccountname> for tenant <tenantname>. Error message: The underlying provider failed on Open
This error may refer directly to either HEATSM-UAT, HEATSM-STG, or another database depending upon the naming conventions you have chosen for your environment.
Unable to validate API key due to bad access to database HEATSM-STG in SQL_Server using login HeatSrv for tenant Staging. Error message: The underlying provider failed on Open
The tenant appears to exist in the Ops Console, but may be lacking an API key in System Status.
The database is missing in SQL.
This article details one possible resolution to this issue.
1) Log into the ConfigDB tenant as an Admin.
2) Open the Tenants workspace (this should be the default workspace)
3) Highlight the tenant that is missing from SQL
4) Delete the tenant that is missing from SQL
5) A warning message will appear listing all associations that tenant has. Click Continue.
6) Log into the Ops Console as an Admin.
7) Go to Manage Migration
8) Notice the tenant you just deleted has no information in the migration cycle now.
9) Push to Create from Production to the missing tenant.
10) Once the push is complete, verify the tenant record in ConfigDB and SQL.