The LOOKUP.INI does not trigger if data inserted in the new record window, it only triggers when the OK button is pressed
[STEPS TO REPLICATE]
1. Having a valid LOOKUP.INI with a NewRecord trigger in place or create the following sample LOOKUP.INI
NewRecord = KEY3
KEY4 = KEY3
This LOOKUP.INI sample will change the Interest field to TSO when the Acct Mgr field is set to Michaela, while it is set to PSO when the Acct Mgr is set to John, for any other values the Interest field is set to NA
2. Restart GoldMine
3. Button New Record on the Contact tab
a. Enter any Company and/or Contact
b. Enter Michaela into Acct Mgr field
4. verify if the Interest field changes
Nothing happens the Interest field remains blank at this point
5. Press OK
6. verify if the Interest field changed now
The Interest field shows now as expected the value TSO
- This is the current intention of the application.
- The LOOKUP.INI will only trigger on the new record creation when the OK button is pressed as only at this time the data is submitted to the database the record is really created in the database.
- The LOOKUP.INI will not trigger within the new record creation window as the current data can be considered as being cached but not yet submitted into the database.
- This is similar or comparable to the fact that when a field change is made that the field must be left (for example, by pressing Enter or clicking into another field) in order to 'submit' the change to the database, also here only in the moment when the change in the LOOKUP.INI will be triggered but not if the cursor is still in the field.
If the changes triggered by the LOOKUP.INI need to be visible very early when creating a new contact record, it is strongly recommended to consider
a. If applicable to amend the LOOKUP.INI with additional update instructions for field changes (and not only to use NewRecord trigger)
b. To proceed with the further data entry when the contact record is really created as in this case changes will appear straight away on the screen once the field change is submitted to the database