On a Networked Client installation: the installer opens but instead of going through the installation a black screen appears and an error shows: Program too big to fit into memory.
[STEPS TO REPRODUCE]
1. Copy the installation file to the local computer (usually this is copied from the application server where the file is provided for the networked client installations, but this can also happen when downloading the file from other sources)
2. Right Click > Run as Administrator (as this is recommended for Windows 7 and newer Windows Client Operating Systems)
Only a black screen appears and for a second an error appears (sometimes it requires several attempts to be able to read the error message) - Program too big to fit into memory
Other related error messages may appear additionally or instead:
"Program too big to fit into memory"
"not a valid Win32 application"
"Windows cannot run this program because it is in an invalid format"
"Incompatible file format"
"a device attached to the system is not functioning"
While there might be also issues with the machine or the machine's memory, virtual memory or other issues like hard disk failures the most common issue is that the installation file itself is corrupted
Download a fresh copy
a. Either from our Support Web Page > Drivers and Downloads
1. log on our Drivers and Downloads page http://support.frontrange.com/Support/Login.aspx (If you experience any issues with accessing the web page please follow the instructions on the screen and contact our Customer Care team)
2. Browse to Drivers and Downloads > GoldMine > GoldMine Premium Edition (GMPE)
NB: it might be necessary to set the browser in compatibility mode in case you are getting a blank list
3. Download the desired version installation files.
b. Or from our Customer Self Service
1. You can access our Self Service portal via the direct link https://frontrange.trysaasit.com/login.aspx or alternatively still via the Self Service Portal on My FrontRange Support > Self Service Button https://support.frontrange.com/Support/Auth/MyAccount.aspx or via https://support.frontrange.com/support/technical/knowledge-base/ and following the instructions on the screen
3. Expand the Product Line: GoldMine >select the desired version hyperlink
This article is also based on information which can be found on the below thread. Please keep in mind that any non GoldMine or non Heat Software links are only provided as-is and content and availability may change at any time without any notice