Email listener will move an email to the archive folder but will not create a new Incident record. The following two statements are also true in this case:
Verified that HEAT is moving the email, but no Incidents are being created.
The email shows up in the Email workspace, but no Incidents are being created.
This article provides one possible line of troubleshooting.
Out of the Box, the Email workspace list view has a column titled Last Error. In the context of this KB, this is often "Failed to create Incident record"
This field is expanded upon inside the email record itself and will list the full error.
- Open the Email workspace.
- Locate the email in question
- Open the email record and scroll down to the child panels.
- Click the Send Info tab.
- The error will be detailed in the Last Error (Details) section.
- Often this error describes a required field on Incident being missing from the email, so the Incident does not create.
- Correct the error in either the design of the Incident business rules on in the incoming email and the Incident will create successfully on a resend of the email.