Using any reference to a temp table e.g. within a stored procedure in a dashboard query, an error occurs "Error in query: Invalid object name '#TempTableName'"
[STEPS TO PREPARE]
1. In Microsoft SQL Server add a sample stored procedure which references a temporary table for example
CREATE PROCEDURE dbo.GetAddressTEMP
CREATE TABLE #abcTEMP
( ucompany varchar(50),
INSERT INTO #abcTEMP select company, address1 from contact1
select * from #abcTEMP
[STEPS TO REPRODUCE]
1. Login with master rights
2. Go To >> Dashboards
3. At the left bottom >> New Data Sources Hyperlink
4. Type of Data >> Manually typed >> Next
5. Provide any name >> Next >> Next
6. In the Query window add the following sample
7. Button Check
Error in query:
Invalid object name '#abcTEMP'.
- The Dashboard feature does not support Temporary tables from Microsoft SQL and also other 'extended' usage of SQL language may not work as expected and is considered as not supported/intended.
- Please keep in mind that it is absolutely recommended that solely SELECT statements are used and any other statements like UPDATE, INSERT and DELETE may result in undesired behavior and or data loss.
- Please make sure that you only import dashboards from trustworthy sources