GoldMine Web (GMWEB) - What Search Operator is used in GoldMine Web?

Version 1

Details

GoldMine Web (GMWEB) - What Search operator is used in the Search feature in GoldMine Web 2015.1 and lower?

GoldMine Web (GMWEB) - What Search operator is used in the Search feature in GoldMine Web 2015.2?

Resolution

The Search feature in GoldMine Web (GMWEB) 2015.1 and lower is working as a Contains Search

A. The underlying query for a search term 'abc' for searches in the Contacts

SELECT .... WHERE ...
    AND ((((((([CONTACT1].[U_CONTACT] LIKE 'abc%'  OR [CONTACT1].[U_CONTACT] LIKE '%abc%' ) OR ([CONTACT1].[U_COMPANY] LIKE 'abc%'  OR [CONTACT1].[U_COMPANY] LIKE '%abc%' ))
    OR ...  
    ORDER BY ...

>> RESULT: This is a combination of Begins with and Contains query, so overall considered as a Contains query

Additional Notes:
    - GoldMine Web 2014.2 did not provide the Opportunities feature, this was introduced in GoldMine Web 2015.1
    - GoldMine Web 2015.1 did not provide a feature to search within Opportunities, this was introduced in GoldMine Web 2015.2
    - Please refer to the  related Knowledge Articles # 19539 - GoldMine Web (GMWEB) - Is there  any wildcard search possible within  GoldMine Web if I don't know the exact contact or company name? and #  19980 - GoldMine Web (GMWEB) - Is there any wildcard search possible  within GoldMine Web if I don't know the exact Opportunity name? for  wildcard search in GoldMine Web

The  Search features in GoldMine Web (GMWEB) 2015.2 is working as a Begins with Search

A. The underlying query for a search term 'abc' for searches in the Contacts

SELECT ... WHERE
    AND ([CONTACT1].[COMPANY] LIKE 'abc%'  OR [CONTACT1].[CONTACT] LIKE 'abc%' ))  ORDER BY ...

>> RESULT: This is a Begins With query

B. The underlying query for a search term 'abc' for searches in the Opportunities
    - The sample below is set for All managers and All status

SELECT ... WHERE ...
    AND [opmgr_op].[NAME] LIKE 'abc%' ))

>> RESULT:
    This is a begins with query

Additional Notes:
    -  Please refer to the related Knowledge Articles # 19539 - GoldMine Web  (GMWEB) - Is there any wildcard search possible within  GoldMine Web if I don't know the exact contact or company name? and #  19980 - GoldMine Web (GMWEB) - Is there any wildcard search possible  within GoldMine Web if I don't know the exact Opportunity name? for  wildcard search in GoldMine Web