Users sometimes receive an error when updating a GoldMine Word template:
This document is not a valid GoldMine merge form. Please save the file as a GoldMine Template before looking to use it as a template.
This issue is related to the template being saved as a GoldMine Template, but not fully saved to the disk.
1. Recreate the GoldMine template from a new Word document
2. Click the GoldMine ribbon within Word
3. Insert the desired GoldMine fields
4. Click the button to save the document as a GoldMine Template
5. Enter the title and other desired GoldMine Options and click OK
6. Browse to the desired local or network location to save the Word template
7. Click OK to save the template in the location
8. Close Word
9. When prompted to re-save the file click Save
Clicking the Save at the end is very important as it completely saves the GoldMine Template and merge codes within the document to the flat file in the location specified.