Can the Username: field in the GoldMine login screen be blank by default?
There is no possibility to have a blank username field upon login.
One of three conditions will determine how that field is populated.
1. USER=<username> entry in the [GOLDMINE] section of the GM.ini file.
- <username> is a valid GoldMine user, and will populate the Username: field of everyone who starts GoldMine.
2. USER= entry is not present in GM.ini.
- When the USER= entry is absent from GM.ini, the Username: field of the GoldMine login screen, will be populated with the first eight characters of the user's Windows login.
3. Add the /u:<username> switch to the Target in the GoldMine shortcut (please refer to Knowledge-base article #11271).
- This overrides both of the GM.ini conditions described above.
- <username> is a valid GoldMine user, and will populate the Username: field for the Windows user, starting GoldMine, who modified the Target in their GoldMine shortcut.
- Knowledge-base article #11271 can also be used to modify the GoldMine start-up in Start > All Programs > GoldMine > GoldMine.
- This is user specific where each user can use his/her GoldMine userid in the /u: switch.
- If you had GoldMine pinned to the Taskbar prior to adding the /u: switch, unpin GoldMine from the Taskbar, then from the modified shortcut, pin GoldMine to the Taskbar.