After moving to a new SQL Server, getting an error: SQL server connection failure, SQL server does not exist or access denied
Note this error can be caused by network issues, so please note this solution is only for when the SQL server name has change, and or instance name has change.
HOST line in the DBALIAS.ini file is incorrect.
1. Exit all open GoldMine windows
2. Browse to the GoldMine root directory
3. Open the DBALIAS.INI file
4. Edit the HOST= value and change this to the NEW SQL server name and or eg Server_name\Instance_name
5. Save the changes to the DBALIAS.INI file
6. Open GoldMine
7. When prompted enter the SQL username \ Password
8. Tick the box "Save Password"