Is it OK that Microsoft SQL Server is installed as a 64-bit application or does it need to be installed as a 32-bit application in order to match the GoldMine application as a 32 bit application?
- When installing Microsoft SQL Server please make sure always to review the compatibility matrix for the used GoldMine version which Microsoft SQL Server versions are supported with the used version of GoldMine.
- While Microsoft SQL Server can be installed as 32-bit application also on 64-bit Systems (CPU and OS) it is recommended to match the underlying CPU and OS environment - Also Microsoft instructions strongly recommend to install SQL 32-bit versions only when running on a 32-bit OS version.
- Please keep in mind that when having Microsoft SQL installed as 64-bit application to enable the appropriate protocols Named Pipes and TCP/IP on the SQL Server Configuration Manager, this applies to SQL Server Network Configuration, SQL Server Native Client Configuration (32-bit ) on 64-bit Microsoft SQL installations and SQL Server Native Client Configuration on 32-bit Microsoft SQL installations.
1. On MS SQL Server machine
2. Start > (All) Programs > Microsoft SQL Server xxxx > Configuration Tools > SQL Server Configuration Manager
3. Browse to SQL Server Network Configuration > Protocols
4. Make sure that Named Pipes and TCP/IP is enabled
5. Browse to SQL Server Native Client Configuration 32-bit (on 64-bit installations of MS SQL Server) / SQL Server Native Client Configuration (on 32-bit installations of MS SQL Server) > Client Protocols
6. Make sure that Named Pipes and TCP/IP is enabled and that order is Named Pipes prior TCP/IP
7. It might be necessary to restart the MS SQL Server services
The following articles provide the information how to adjust and further information
- Further information which is provided by GoldMine Technical Support only as-is and without any warranty of any kind can be found on the below threads. Please keep in mind that any non GoldMine or non Heat Software links are only provided as-is and content and availability may change at any time without any notice