For some contact records on the Relationship Tree (Org. Chart) the title, phone, and email are not displayed.
ACCOUNTNO containing [ (maybe also other special characters) will not display phone, title and email after being added to a Relationship
1. For the Merge/Purge record Wizard it is absolutely recommended but also for merging only some records we recommend to make sure to have a full running backup of your database as the action cannot be undone
2. Also recommended to login as a user with master rights
3. Open the Contact Search Center and search for the contact record which should ‘survive’ means the contact record which will remain as a primary contact record in GoldMine. In the customer’s case this would be the last created one (with dbase expression tester CTRL + SHIFT + D >> Accountno >> Eval the customer can verify that the new accountno does not have a ‘[‘ in the accountno.
4. Via CTRL key and clicking into the check box in front of the row you tag the record (it is absolutely necessary to tag the desired record to survive as the first one) (you may check this by clicking on the contact’s tab and there should be Contact > (1 tagged records) …
5. Now search or tag the second record (the duplicate) via the Contact Search Center as in step 3 >> you may check now by clicking on the contact’s tab and there should be Contact > (2 tagged records) …
6. Tools >> Merge / Purge Records >> Merge Tagged Records >> after reading confirm the message YES
7. Verify that the merge was correctly performed, your intended record should be still a primary record while the second record is now removed from the primary records but still available as an Additional Contact for the surviving record. Existing history, pending etc have been merged and also field information was merged
8. The new contact record can be added as usual to the desired Realtion ship and the additional information phone and email should appear again
Notes: As this workaround needs to be done separately for each affected contact record it might be more convenient, and if the new record has the a special character the process will need to be repeated until it works.
RM is 155295