Universal Search in GoldMine Premium Edition may not in all cases respect the "item types" in the Advanced Options.
Steps to reproduce behavior:
- Have multiple detail records for multiple contact records in GoldMine Premium Edition.
- Click on Go To > Universal Search
- Click on the Advanced check box to advanced options.
- Uncheck the item selection of 'All'
- Check the item selection 'Details' Only
- Provide a search term that will match detail records and a different record which is not a detail type.
- Click Go to execute the search.
Expectation is that the search results should be limited to the 'Details' type, but this may not happen - many types may be returned.
To only display a specific type of result, follow these steps: