Creating a SQL Query using the SQL Query Builder and building a Group from that query in GoldMine
1. Open the SQL Query tab in GoldMine (Tools > SQL Query)
NOTE: You will need appropriate privileges in GoldMine to do this
2. Click on the “Build” button on the right side to begin building your SQL Query:
4. Click on the option for 'Contacts with field based conditions'
(In this example but you can select whichever category you need to from this drop-down list).
You will want to select whether you want to 'Include contacts matching ANY of the specified criteria' OR 'Include contacts matching ALL specified criteria'
5. Now select the “New” button and then select the appropriate 'Field, Condition, and Value' you want included in the SQL Query.
NOTE: You can add multiple conditions at this point
6. Click OK
7. Review the GoldMine Lookup Wizard Summary to verify that all criteria is added as desired:
8. Click 'Finish'
9. Now click 'Query' on the far right to run this query in the SQL Query tab:
10. Now click on the 'Groups' tab at the top
11. Click on 'New Group' to create a group:
12. Give this group a name and verify that 'Build the Group' is checked and click 'OK':
13. Select the radio button 'SQL Query records'
14. Click 'Next', 'Next', 'Finish'
15. You will see that the group has been created and the members have been added to the group. Note this in the GoldMine Process Monitor and in the Group tab as well: