Upgrade path and process for GoldMine Premium Edition localized version to current versions of GoldMine Premium Edition
- For GoldMine Premium Edition 9.0.4 HEAT Software/GoldMine provided also localized versions in GERMAN, ITALIAN, RUSSIAN and SPANISH language.
- When a fresh installation was performed with the localized version there were no additional task necessary and the localized version could be used right away with localized field labels, localized Universal Search filters, localized template names etc.
- Along with providing the localized versions 2 script files and an additional information note was provided for customers, when they had already the previous or current Goldmine Premium Edition 9.0.4. installed. This additional information and the scripts informed customers how to change existing ENGLISH content of GoldMine with localized field labels, localized Universal Search filters, localized template names etc.
- Since then no further localized versions of GoldMine Premium Edition were provided and in order to keep up with any compatibility changes customers would need now to upgrade again to an ENGLISH version of GoldMine Premium Edition.
- originally a localized - for example GERMAN - version of GoldMine Premium Edition 22.214.171.124 was installed and fully localized
How to upgrade the localized version of GoldMine Premium Edition 9.0.4.x to a newer ENGLISH GoldMine Premium Edition? Are there any additional steps necessary to change the localized version after upgrading to a newer ENGLISH GoldMine Premium Edition?
- The upgrade process of any localized Goldmine Premium Edition 9.0.4.x to a newer or recent GoldMine Premium Edition is identical to any upgrade procedure from an ENGLISH Goldmine Premium Edition 9.0.4.x version as described in the installer guide of the new version.
- Of course it is highly recommended to make sure to have sufficient backups from the GoldMine database and the GoldMine shared folder including all INI files.
- There are no scripts necessary to change any data within the database as the original provided scripts only changed data within the database like field values or labels (for example field labels, document template names and universal search filters)
- It is also recommended to verify and if applicable remove the entry in the GM.INI LOCALE=xx (for example DE for German) from within the section [GoldMine]
- Edit all [username].ini files and remove the following lines, if they are present:
>> if applicable the entries will be recreated when the user is using the certain feature the next time again
The GoldMine Administrator should also make sure if they are any such overriding settings in the GM INI and if applicable delete these lines and make sure to re-create them within the new version of GoldMine Premium Edition
- It is recommended to verify or let the users verify that the menu and buttons in the GoldMine toolbar appear now in English language.
Additional note: It is recommended when submitting any inquiry to your partner of GoldMine Technical Support to provide the information that you upgraded from a localized version of GoldMine Premium Edition is this might be necessary for being able to assist.