The Summary tab of GoldMine > Next Step: or Prev. Result entries show as [Private activity] even for master users or the specific activity owned user.
[STEPS TO REPRODUCE]
1. Browse to a contact record without any scheduled or completed activities
2. Schedule > Appointment
3. Enter any reference, date and data, but make sure to check Mark as Private and that the user the activity is scheduled for is the logged user
5. Verify in the Pending tab that the activity's reference and information shows as expected, means the logged in user can see the reference and other details as the user is the activity 'owning' user
- As expected the activity details appear in the Pending tab and preview
6. Complete > Unscheduled Call > Outgoing Call
7. Enter any reference, date and data, but make sure to check Mark as Private and that the completing user is the logged user
9. Verify in the History tab that the activity's reference and information shows as expected, means the logged in user can see the reference and other details as the user is the activity 'owning' user
- As expected the activity details appear in the History tab and preview
10. Open the tab Summary
11. Verify the information for Next Step: and Prev. Result:
- Although the activities are scheduled and completed by the logged in user (who is supposed to see the own activity references) both values show as [Private activity]
The Summary tab displays only certain field values which were taken from the time the specific action took place but does not additional security functionality or interpretation inbuilt once the Summary tab is displayed, like checking which user is logged on and which rights the user may have. Therefore GoldMine applied at the time when the activities were created the highest possible 'security' for the Next Step and Prev. Result information on the Summary tab and will display for all users - regardless if master user, the activity owner or non-master users - only the information [Private activity].
- As the activities were originally set to private it is expected that the Summary tab shows [Private Activity], it is the intention of the product for other users not having any possibility to see the reference for the user's private activity.
- When an activity is scheduled and it would be the next scheduled activity for the contact record the reference information is taken over into the CONTACT2->NEXTACTION field, when an activity is completed and it would be the latest completed activity for the contact record the reference information is taken over into
CONTACT2->PREVRESULT. As GoldMine does not have any inbuilt additional security check when opening the Summary tab, the values for next action and previous result are taken over with the highest possible security, this means if applicable the values [Private activity] is literally written into the specific CONTACT2 fields.
- The Summary is not considered as a specific security related feature in GoldMine as for example the History Tab/Pending tab and therefore there is no programmatic logic within GoldMine to verify if the current logged in user is a master user, the activity owner or a non-master user. The Summary tab relates to the definition in the FIELDS5 table and shows for those 2 fields 'only' the underlying CONTACT2 fields when the Summary is opened.
Only when the user or a master user removes the Private action flag the Summary CONTACT2->NEXTACTION will be updated with the Reference in plain text which is expected and happens on every update of the specific activity for example also reference etc. (This is different to Previous Result (CONTACT2->PREVRESULT), where there will not occur an automatic update, this is documented in RM # 231125/ KM # 18428)