GoldMine Web (GMWEB) - Is the Forced Logout setting in GoldMine Premium Edition also respected in GoldMine Web and GoldMine Mobile?
- In GoldMine Premium Edition the GoldMine administrator can set a forced logout time per user in an idle state, for example a certain users is logged out of GoldMine automatically after 30 minutes. This is often set, in order to free resources and licenses when a user forgot to log out of GoldMine.
-The Forced Logout per user is set within GoldMine Premium Edition with master rights via Tools >> Users' Settings >> Highlight a certain user >> Button Properties >> Button Forced Logout >> Activate Log out user and terminate GoldMine when idle for a period of time and set the desired when idle time for in minutes >> OK >> OK >> Close
- This setting is user specific
Will the settings also be respected when the user is logged into GoldMine Web/GoldMine Mobile and idle for 30 minutes?
- The Forced Logout setting is NOT applied to GoldMine Web or GoldMine Mobile sessions, and will only work when the user is logged into GoldMine Premium Edition.
- For GoldMine Web or GoldMine Mobile sessions (since GoldMine 2014.2) the following 2 settings need to be considered and are responsible for logging out users after a certain idle time.
A. The "<sessionState timeout="30"></sessionState>" setting in the GoldMine Connect >> Web.config file
B. The "Idle Timeout setting" within IIS >> Application Pool >> Advanced Settings
- These settings are applied globally not user specific.
- Further information and how to change these values please refer to the related Knowledge Article # 20438 - GoldMine Web (GMWEB) - How to set the session timeout for GoldMine Web?
- For GoldMine Mobile 2014.1 and lower the session time out setting for GoldMine Mobile (see above A.) was set in the GoldMine Premium Edition interface via Tools >> Configure >> GoldMine Mobile >> Time-out user session when idle (in minutes)