- Error when uninstalling GoldMine 'The wizard was interrupted before GoldMine could be completely installed. Your system has not been modified. To complete the installation at another time, please run setup again.'
- The Error appears when trying to uninstall GoldMine using Programs and Features within Control Panel.
Note: The following steps apply for a networked workstation, application server or an undocked remote site's installation. Please make a verifiable backup of the GoldMine root directory(s) if performed on the server or undocked remote site (if applicable).
- Also, the following require modifying the Windows registry. Continue only if you are familiar and feel competent with the steps provided. Otherwise, please contact your internal or external IT department.
- The GoldMine support desk supplies these steps "as is".
1. Open the Registry editor on the affected workstation:
NOTE: Please take a backup of any registry keys or the entire registry before proceeding.
2. Expand on HKLM > Software > Wow6432Node and delete the "FrontrangeSolutions" key
3. Expand on HKLM > Software > Wow6432Node > Microsoft > Windows > current version > app paths and delete the 'gmw.exe' key(s)
4. Close registry editor
5. Make a backup (if necessary) of the GoldMine directory(s)
6. Delete the GoldMine directory(s)
7. Proceed to 'Programs and Features" within the Control Panel
8. Uninstall GoldMine
9. If GoldMine is not listed, run the gmsetup.exe from the affected workstation and select 'Remove' from the install shield wizard.
- You will need to verify that the version of the gmsetup.exe is the same version of GoldMine you are running
10. It is advised that a registry cleaner be ran on the affected workstation to clear our any orphaned GoldMine registry keys not included in step 2 and 3 above
11. Reboot the workstation