Can you block one or several field(s) from being copied by default, when creating a new contact with the Copy current record feature?
1. Browse to Bea Defkow
2. New Record Button
3. Activate the 'Copy current record' check box
- While it is desired to copy most of the information into the new created contact record there are some fields which should not be copied over, is there any possibility to block or blank them out by default or prevent them to be copied?
- By default all CONTACT1 and CONTACT2 fields apart from Contact, (Lastname), Prefix, Title, E-mail, Extension fields are copied from the current contact record into the new contact record
- There is no point-and-click in GoldMine to block fields from getting copied.
- There are several possibilities and it is recommended to review also the related knowledge articles as the current article wipes out field values by default without any condition, other possibilities might be for example to conditionally when a user enters into a certain field a X in order to trigger the wiping out of copied values via a LOOKUP.INI. Alternatively even an Automated Process might be considered in such scenarios.
- GoldMine Technical Support will not assist in creating or adjusting complex LOOKUP.INI constructions and it is recommended also to consult a GoldMine partner.
- The following example will wipe out the PHONE1 and SOURCE field and can be adjusted with (further) field to be blocked.
- The challenge is that there might be already a LOOKUP.INI in place which could trigger valuable entries but then instead may clear out the field in an undesired way.
Note: The NewRecord line cannot exceed 254 characters. Blocking will not display until OK is clicked in the New Record window and will also apply to any not copied contact records.