Error when upgrading a workstation using the Unattended Installation process, "Can't find GoldMine installer. Please contact your GoldMine Admin for assistance"
Per the GoldMine Premium Edition Installation Guide:
NOTE: GM installer files gmsetup.exe, gm_si.ini, and gmsetup_si.bat should be placed into
the same directory.
In some cases the unattended installer cannot repeat the exact steps as a normal install. For example, the
unattended installer cannot perform a full installation (without previously installed GoldMine) on the computer with
GoldMine already installed with the same version because the installer is running in maintenance mode.
Use the following procedure to upgrade networked workstations.
To Upgrade Unattended Installation
1. Create the configuration file.
For instructions, see To Create Configuration File for Unattended Installation.
2. Select GoldMine > Tools > Configure > System Settings > Auto-Upgrade.
3. Set the paths and filenames of the GoldMine installer and configuration file created in step 1.
NOTE: This must be a UNC path to a sharable directory.
After completing this procedure, any local installs of GoldMine will automatically prompt users to upgrade GoldMine whenever the local GoldMine version is less then the server GoldMine version.
NOTE: Enable file name extensions to verify you have the correct filename extension of the gmsetup.exe. If you have the wrong extension or an extra ".exe" like "gmsetup.exe.exe" this will fail.
1. In the GoldMine root directory on the application server, verify that the three following files exist in the same directory. By default, the path would be: GoldMine\Setup\GoldMine\
- gmsetup.exe (this must be the same version installer as what you are attempting to upgrade the workstations to)
2. If the .ini and .bat file do not exist there, upgrade one workstation by running the gmsetup.exe directly. You will see a prompt in the wizard:
3. When completed, browse out to the directory path referenced in the above screenshot on the newly upgraded workstation.
4. Copy and paste the gm_si.in and gmsetup_si.bat files to the server directory location in step 1. above.
5. Verify that the Auto-Upgrade paths are pointing to the correct network directory and files
6. Logging into GoldMine on the server as a user with "master" rights
7. Tools > Configure > System Settings > "Auto-Upgrade" tab
8. Using UNC paths, verify that they are pointing to the gmsetup.exe and gm_si.ini files in step 1.
9. Launch GoldMine on a workstation that requires upgrading.
10. Click "yes" to the prompt stating that there is a newer version of GoldMine available and to start the automatic upgrade process.