New Record window is truncated, when you do not have a lot of fields on the primary field view when creating a New Record,
1. Tools > Configure Record Types
2, Clone one of the existing primary view and call it 'Restricted'
3. Remove all Fields except the 'Company' and 'Contact' fields from this new view
4. Exit the record Types Administration center and 'Save' the changes
5. Right click the Contact1 area of the Contact record and Click 'Select Primary Fields'
6. Select your new 'Restricted' View
7. Click the 'New Record' Button
The Screen has been truncated to the size of the area that has fields and the 'Duplicate Checking' options in the New Record window are now truncated
The issue is caused because the Primary field layout that is being used has a limited number of fields that are positioned towards the left of the screen.
1. Open GoldMine and Select the Primary view with the restricted fields
- Right Click in the Primary field view > Select Primary Fields
2. Open the Screen designer
- Right Click in the Primary field view > Screen Designer
3. Click New on the screen designed new to add a new field to the view
4. When the Place Field windows appears select --dBASE Expression -- and click OK
5. Drag the new field to the right side of thew screen
6. Double Click the field to open the Field Properties
7. Click the Color tab
8. Set the Label and Data Color to white (to hide the field)
9. Click OK to save the field
10. Exit the Screen designer by Clicking the Exit button on the screen designer ToolBar
11. Click the New Record Button to test and verify you can now see the New Record Creation and Duplicate Checking options.