Make sure the proxy server is currently working as expected.
Fill in the highlighted areas below and follow the instructions.
Make sure you have your SSL certificate installed already.
- Open a browser and go to:
- Make sure you get a proper response:
NOTE: “<DiscoServerIPorName>” is the IP address or name of the server where HEAT Discovery is installed and this should be the same value as in the Tenant’s Base URL in ConfigDB.
- To test if the proxy server is redirecting traffic correctly, replace the IP address with that of the Gateway and add port 8097.
You should get the exact same response:
If everything is working correctly then you can proceed to changing the proxy’s binding to use SSL and port 443:
- On the gateway server, open Computer Management and expand to Services and Application then IIS
- Right click GatewayProxy and select “Edit Bindings…”
The only binding that is currently configured is http with port 8097.
- Click “Add…” to create a https binding with port 443 and select the SSL certificate you have installed. A self-signed cert may work for testing purposes.
- You may have to reset IIS
- Repeat the test above with port 443 this time to make sure you still get the same response.