Error message when trying to send a SMS/Text Message: This will abort the sending of triggered AP mail events. E-mail will not be sent. Are you sure?
[STEPS TO REPRODUCE]
1. if applicable setup the GM.INI as described in related Knowledge Article for additional mobile carriers for sending SMS/Text Messages from within GoldMine
2. Browse to a contact record with a valid mobile number
3. Actions >> Call Contact >> Send SMS/Text message
4. Select the appropriate mobile number from Phone Number
5. If applicable select the appropriate Provider from the drop down
6. Enter the SMS text
7. Button Send
>> RESULT: 2 identical error messages appear: Error message when trying to send a SMS/Text Message: This will abort the sending of triggered AP mail events. E-mail will not be sent. Are you sure?
The Process monitor shows (usually only 1 occurrence) Sending E-mail has failed: Unknown error.
- In order to be able to send SMS / Text Messages to GoldMine contacts the GoldMine user needs to have a email account setup with valid SMTP settings for sending emails
[STEPS TO SETUP OR VERIFY SMTP SETTINGS]
1. Tools >> Options
2. Tab E-Mail
3. Button Accounts
4. Highlight the existing >> Button Edit or create a new account via Button New
5. For sending SMS/Text Messages the Sending Mail section (as minimum) must be setup
6. OK >> OK >> OK
7. Verify again to send a SMS / Text Message to a contact record