How to undo a merge/purge of contact records?
e.g. inadvertently merge/purging one or more contact records with their related pending items, history items, etc
Note: Per the Administration Guide
"IMPORTANT: Merging and purging permanently changes the database. We recommend you back it up before
performing a merge/purge."
1. A restore from backup is the most sure way to revert to your production database before a merge/purge
2. The following steps can be done if no SQL backup to restore is available.
Note: With any database change of this nature, we always suggest a SQL backup before performing the following
On the affected surviving contact record(s):
1. Additional Contacts tab
2. The merged contact record will display "Duplicate Contact" in the Reference column
3. Highlight the desired merged contact > right click > Options > Convert to Record
4. Leave all the options defaulted:
* Convert to a new record
* Include converted contacts in the organizational tree
* Remove converted records from the Contacts Tab
* Insert a history record indicating conversion
* Move related activities to a new contact