Getting "Description: Incorrect syntax near '<x>" errors in event viewer when clicking on an Excel document that has an apostrophe in the file name or directory
Com Error IDispatch error #3092
HRESULT : -2147217900
Description: Incorrect syntax near 'S'.
This is caused because the Document template is stored in a directory that has an apostrophe - for example: CONTRACT'S
To resolve this error the simple solution is to rename the directory and remove the apostrophe - for example: CONTRACTS
Once the Directory has been renamed the template directory will have to be modified in GoldMine so that the templates point to the correct location.
1. Open GoldMine as a MASTER user
2. Go To > Document Templates
3. Right clcik a Template and select Properties
4. If prompted say "NO" to creating your own copy of the template
5. Modify the Template Filename path to point to the new location
6. Click OK to save the changes
7. Repeat steps 3-6 for all templates that are affected
8. Close the Document Management Center