Attempt to link an email to a contact - the upcoming Contact Search Center (CSC) dialog hangs or freezes
- Contact Search Center opens with Search by: Record Type Equal to (default type), and hangs or freezes
- Trying to exit Contact Search Center causes GoldMine to hang or crash with the Close the program or Wait for the Program to respond message
- Due to the nature of being the 'default record type' the search has to consider very many records especially when the GoldMine database contains a large amount of contact records, this causes a performance bottleneck and may result in a non-responding mode or even crashing.
- Restart GoldMine and choose one of the following options
- If you want Default lookup by field: set to Remember Lookup By
- Open a contact and double-click a label (for this example, Contact) to open the Contact Search Center with Search by: set to that field
- In the E-mail Center attempt to link an email to a contact