The above error is caused because GoldMine cannot connect to the SQL server.
There are various causes as to why GoldMine cannot connect to the SQL sever
Below are the most common causes and there resolutions
- SQL Server service is not started on the Server (or client if this is a Standalone Install of GoldMine - https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms191193%28v=sql.105%29.aspx
- Firewall Blocking Port 1433 (SQL Server) and 1434 (SQL browser Service) on Server or Workstation - http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc646023.aspx
- The SQL Browser Service is not started on the SQL server machine - https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms189093%28v=sql.105%29.aspx
- The HOST=xxx line in the dbalias is pointing to a Server name that cannot be resolved, set this to an IP address.
- Open the dbalias.ini file in Notepad.exe
- Edit the HOST= line and change this to point to an IP address (For example HOST=192.168.0.130)
- Save the dbalias.ini file
- Launch GoldMine again