Final State Rule for BO Change does not affect link field "Requested By".
The out of the box Change does not have an Object read only final state rule, it has read only rules for specific fields. If the goal is true object read only final state, then you need to either create a Object Read Only rule or modify your existing rule to ensure proper syntax for the expression. Example: In out of the box 2015.2.2, I would need to add an Object read-only rule as follows:
1. Go to AdminUI and select business Objects.
2. Select the Change object and select Business Rules.
3. Expand the Read-only Rules and select the "Add Object Read-only Rule".
4. Name the rule as you wish (or just modify your existing Object Read-only rule) and enter the following as an example of the proper syntax:
$(Status == "Closed" || Status == "Denied" || Status == "Cancelled")
5. Save this new rule (or modification of your existing rule).
6. Logout of the application and log back in. Now based on the example Status values in above syntax, if I go to a Change record with a status of Closed, Cancelled or Denied, I am unable to edit any part of the record including the RequestedBy link field.