- Some users see in their GoldMine above the Preview pane a Contact Search entry
- But other users on the same GoldMine system see instead Universal Search
What triggers the default search engine in the Search bar above the Preview pane?
- Only when Universal Search is installed on the GoldMine system it is possible that users switch their default Search feature within GoldMine. When Universal Search is not installed only the Contact Search will be available for all users.
- The Search bar default is a per user setting and can be changed by the users themselves to the default search engine the user prefers, if there are no menu restrictions the user can also still always open the other search engine if applicable for example via Go To >> Search >> Contact Search (also alternatives by button Search or double click on Field labels) or Go To >> Search >> Universal Search
1. Go To >> Search >> Universal Search
2. Check the Advanced checkbox
3. Button Options
4. Tab General
5. Check/Uncheck Use Universal Search by Default
To enter the cursor directly into the search bar without using the mouse, the user can use the short key CTRL+2 (this works regardless which Search feature is currently set to default)