After adjusting a saved SQL Query in GoldMine with a correct SQL command the Query button remains grayed out, why is this?
1. Tools >> SQL Query
2. Enter Select * from PALMSLOG
>> RESULT: The button Query is active and the query can be submitted even if there might be no results
3. Button Save and provide a name for the query
4. Now change the query to a SQL valid DELETE statement like Delete from PALMSLOG
>> RESULT: The button Query remains inactive and grayed out and the query cannot be submitted
- Via the Tools >> SQL Query feature within GoldMine ONLY SELECT statements can be submitted, any other attempts of deleting, updating or inserting data via this pane is not possible and the Query button will remain grayed out
- This is by intention of GoldMine so that no data can be modified via SQL statements by any user
- Any data should be changed by the user via the GoldMine User Interface in the specific area e.g. on the Contact Record, via Global Replace, by Editing activities etc.
- Any data updates performed via Microsoft SQL (regardless if from MS SQL Server Management Studio via 3rd party applications or command line possibilities) are not supported by
- Also other areas within GoldMine where SQL queries are involved , for example Dashboards will not allow any modification statements but instead only SELECT statements.