Is it possible to enter a Folder into the Links / Linked documents rather than only links to real file names?
- It is indeed possible to enter instead of a 'final' file link to a folder name so that via double click the folder opens and users can look within the folder for a certain documents/files.
- The default intention when creating a Link will require to browse to a certain file but via the following steps also folders can be added
1. Browse to the Contact record
2. Browse to the Links tab
3. Right Click >> New
4. Provide a certain document name
5. In the File Name enter manually or copy and paste from Windows File Explorer the folder location (WITHOUT the trailing \)
this can be
a. a local path - please keep in mind that users need to have access to the local path, therefore this is usually only on iGoldMine or Terminal Server environments, e.g. C:\GMData
b. a Mapped drive - please keep in mind that users need to have the identical share set up as the mapped drive otherwise they will not have access e.g. X:\GMData
c. Recommended to UNC path - by default all users have access to UNC path but security can be enforced by the GoldMine administrator or IT administrator, e.g. \\W12r2\GMData
Since GoldMine 2015.2 it is now also possible to enter shared items for example Google Drive or Drop Box in the same manner