GoldMine is asking for SQL credentials for a new install on a workstation
The following are suggestions which may help you to identify the reason why GoldMine is asking for SQL credentials.
1. Verify that the Named Pipes and TCP/IP protocols are enabled on the workstation.
2. Verify that the local anti-virus is off (this should be done temporarily and not remain as the default, consider excluding the GoldMine folder from real-time scanning).
3. Verify that Windows firewall is off or at exceptions have been implemented for port 1433 as incoming and outgoing communication.
4. Verify that the user has full control to the GoldMine shared directory on the server.
5. Verify that the REALINI entry on the local machine points to the GM.INI on the server.
6. Verify that the GM.INI on the server has a SYSDIR that is pointing to the valid UNC path of the GoldMine share on the network.
7. Verify that the correct SQL credentials are held in Tools > User's Settings > highlight username > Properties > Access tab for the affected user, or that no credentials are held in this folder.
NOTE: This issue occurs because GoldMine cannot fully authenticate over the network and is relying on the SQL credentials.