Is there a way to merge GoldMine fields to a .pdf document? Is there still a GoldMine Plus for Adobe Acrobat available?
- Since GoldMine 2014.1 there is no GoldMine Plus for Adobe Acrobat available anymore and no GoldMine version 2014.1 and higher has been tested or is supported anymore is the usage of GoldMine Plus for Adobe Acrobat
- In addition only the Adobe Acrobat Professional versions 8.0 and 9.0 were tested and/or supported for GoldMine 9.x and 2013.1 versions
- The GoldMine Plus for Adobe Acrobat was primarily discontinued due to the easy way to generate a PDF file from a merged Word document (in any Microsoft Word 2007 and lower by using a PDF printer or from Microsoft Word 2010 or higher even with the inbuilt option in Microsoft Word to save a document as a PDF file). Also the non-intuitive usage of the GoldMine Plus for Adobe Acrobat was considered in this decision.
- Either an installed PDF printer or Microsoft Word 2010 or higher installed (the following sample steps from GoldMine installation with Microsoft Word 2016 installed)
1. Create and generate a Microsoft Word document with the desired fields/data from GoldMine - for example a maintenance contract template from the Document Templates
2. Verify/amend any further data within the document
3. Once the document is ready and finished
4.a. Either File >> Save As >> Select an appropriate location >> in the Save As dialog window change the Save as type to PDF (*.pdf) and provide an appropriate file name >> Save
4.b. Alternatively >> File >> Print >> Select the available/appropriate PDF printer
5. If applicable and desired make sure to link the PDF file to the contact record on the Links tab
a. On the contact record >> Open tab Links
b. Right click New and fill in the appropriate information and select the appropriate file or alternatively drag-and-drop the file from the Windows file explorer into the grid of the Links tab (NOT the preview pane) and fill in the appropriate information