You may receive an error message 'We have detected a newer version of Office installed on your device.' after upgrading to Office 2016 when you use the 'Output to: Excel...' function in GoldMine
[STEPS TO REPLICATE]
1. On any grid (for example the Contact Search Center)
2. Right Click > Output to > Excel
Error message appears 'We have detected a newer version of Office installed on your device. If you want to install an older version of Office, please remove these newer products and try again. '
- At least one of the related Registry entries points still to the WPS office application although via the Windows default programs and file associations feature Microsoft Excel was reset as default handler.
- This is a Windows operating system configuration / environmental root cause and not related to GoldMine itself at all although the behavior exposes within GoldMine.
- GoldMine Technical Support will provide the following instructions and (attached) registry key entries files as-is without any warranty of any kind (this behavior was primarily seen with Microsoft Office 2016 and instructions and files are matching Microsoft Excel 2016
- any other Microsoft Excel version may require adjustment in the instructions and/or registry files).
1.a. Make sure that you have a full backup of the Registry
1.b. Or alternatively make at least sure to export for backup reasons all keys you are gonna to change
2. Please keep in mind that the attached txt files (in a zipped archive) are only provided as is without any warranty of any kind. They were taken from a Windows 2008 R2 Server Enterprise SP1 64-bit and Microsoft Office 2016 although not expected, the existence and content of the related registry keys should be verified and documented.
a. Extract the attached txt file on the machine/server (e.g. Desktop)
b. Rename each file from a txt extension to a reg extension
c. It is strongly recommend only apply one by one registry file onto the system and verify the behavior then within GoldMine as again only one of them (usually the first file <<1_HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT_xls.txt>> will change the behavior)
c.i. Via double click apply on the specific reg file
c.ii. A message appears that if you are sure that you want to apply the information to the registry >> Yes
c.iii. A further message appears that the keys and values have been successfully added to the registry >> OK (you may want to verify the applied key within the registry)
d. Start GoldMine
e. Verify the Output to Excel again
f. If this does not work yet proceed with applying the further reg files and verify after each again within GoldMine
If you receive the following error after loading the above registry keys:
Apply KB # 18631 - Repair or Reinstall Office
If you receive the follow error after Output to Excel:
Apply KB # 26602 - Clear Temp files