This guide will show you step by step instructions for installing the SQL Management Studio tools so you can access your MSDE or SQL Express database installation. These steps are for the tools to be installed on the core server.
1. Download the Free SQL Studio Manager from Microsoft (download 32 bit or 64 bit depending on your installation machine)
2. This installation can be on the core. Launch the downloaded file. On all screens you will use the defualt values.
3. Go to your Start Menu > Programs > Microsoft SQL Server 2005 > SQL Server Management Studio and launch.
4. Connect to your Landesk Database (Note: If you installed on the core server it will be the default choice when the window opens).
5. Now that you are connected to your Landesk Database, you can expand the database directory and see "lddb" the default name for the landesk database. If you wish to see the tables inside the database expand the tables directory. You can also create a query by right clicking on "lddb" and choose New Query.
To test the database lets make a query. You have right clicked on lddb and chose New Query as shown above. Now on the right hand pane you can type "select * from computer" and hit the execute button above. This will show your results on the bottom right hand pane. It is returning all items for the computer table.