- We have run into a problem where when we upgraded from GoldMine 6.7 to 9.0, we did not license and open GoldMine 9.0 but then proceeded to upgrade to GoldMine 2015.x.
- It is not acceptable to upgrade GoldMine and not open the product after each upgrade.
- GoldMine updates the actual data when it is first launched by a user with MASTER rights at each point of the upgrade process.
- If multiple databases are used it is required to upgrade all databases and then open each database at each part of the upgrade process.
- It is also suggested to have a user verify data and make full backups of the GoldMine directory(ies) and database(s) at each part of the upgrade path.